NCFE Level 1 Functional Skills Math
This qualification is designed for adult learners who’ve not achieved GCSE (A*–C) or Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and who wish to take their first qualification in the subject. The qualification will support learners with an identified skills gap in Maths and can be used to support progression into GCSE (A*- C) or Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths. The qualification can also support learners undertaking a vocational programme to develop their skills in Maths.
3-4 Month Course: The aim of this qualification is to equip learners with the fundamental applied skills needed to succeed in all aspects of life, work and learning and develop their understanding and skills in:
Representing – selecting the mathematics and information to model a situation.
Analysing – processing and using mathematics.
Interpreting – interpreting and communication the results of the analysis.
- Understand practical problems in familiar and unfamiliar contexts and situations, some of which are non-routine
- Identify and obtain necessary information to tackle the problem
- Select mathematics in an organised way to find solutions
- Apply mathematics in an organised way to find solutions to straightforward practical problems for different purposes
- Use appropriate checking procedures at each stage
- Interpret and communicate solutions to practical problems, drawing simple conclusions and giving explanations.
- Aged 16+
- Legal right to live and work in the UK*
- You must have completed Initial Assessment and IAG with us
- Assessment Interview
Method of Assessment
- Paper based exam
- 3-4 Months