NCFE Level 2 Functional Skills English
This qualification is ideal for learners wishing to develop practical, transferable skills in English in order to work confidently, effectively and independently in life. It is suitable for a wide range of individuals and is fundamental to the successful completion of various wider qualifications and frameworks, such as Apprenticeships.
3-4 Month Course: The aim of this qualification is to equip learners with the fundamental applied skills needed to succeed in all aspects of life, work and learning and develop their understanding and skills in:
Speaking, Listening and Communication – make a range of contributions to discussions in a range of contexts, including those that are unfamiliar, and make effective presentations.
Reading – select, read, understand and compare texts and use them to gather information, ideas, arguments and opinions.
Writing – write a range of texts, including extended written documents communication information, ideas and opinions, effectively and persuasively.
- Consider complex information and give a relevant, cogent response in appropriate language
- Present information and ideas clearly and persuasively to others
- Adapt contributions to suit audience, purpose and situation
- Make significant contributions to discussions, taking a range of roles and helping to move discussion forward
- Select and use different types of texts to obtain and utilise relevant information
- Read and summarise, succinctly, information/ideas from different sources
- Identify the purposes of texts and comment on how meaning is conveyed
- Detect point of view, implicit meaning and/or bias
- Analyse texts in relation to audience needs and consider suitable responses in three or more texts.
- Present information/ideas concisely, logically, and persuasively
- Present information on complex subjects clearly and concisely
- Use a range of writing styles for different purposes
- Use a range of sentence structures, including complex sentences, and paragraphs to organise written communication effectively
- Punctuate written text using commas, apostrophes and inverted commas accurately
- Ensure written work is fit for purpose and audience, with accurate spelling and grammar that support clear meaning in a range of text types.