NCFE Level 2 Functional Skills Math
This qualification is designed for adult learners who’ve not achieved GCSE (A*–C) or Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and who wish to take their first qualification in the subject. The qualification will support learners with an identified skills gap in Maths and can be used to support progression into GCSE (A*- C) or Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths. The qualification can also support learners undertaking a vocational programme to develop their skills in Maths.
3-4 Month Course: The aim of this qualification is to equip learners with the fundamental applied skills needed to succeed in all aspects of life, work and learning and develop their understanding and skills in:
Representing – selecting the mathematics and information to model a situation.
Analysing – processing and using mathematics.
Interpreting – interpreting and communication the results of the analysis.
- Understand routine and non-routine problems in familiar and unfamiliar contexts and situations
- Identify the situation or problems and identify the mathematical methods needed to solve them
- Choose from a range of mathematics to find solutions
- Apply a range of mathematics to find solutions
- Use appropriate checking procedures and evaluate their effectiveness at each stage
- Interpret and communicate solutions to multistage practical problems in familiar and unfamiliar contexts and situations
- Draw conclusions and provide mathematical justifications.